Friday, January 25, 2008

Shane Claiborne



I am 80% of the way through Shane Claiborne's, "The Irresistible Revolution." It's rocking my world. When I finish it, I'll post a summary and what stuck out to me... for now I'll just say that this guy worked with Mother Teresa in Calcutta, spent much time in Iraq while it was under complete attack (just being with innocent people who were being bombed), and now lives in a community he helped found called "The Simple Way," in an area that is known as the slums of Philly.

He has been arrested numerous times for standing up against unjust laws that oppress people, and there is a file on him at Homeland Security (they think he's a terrorist, because he travels so much and his reason of 'loving and helping the world' is just too radical for them). All in all, he's just trying to live a life that would look like Jesus in this day and age... it's very interesting.

1 comment:

Danny Sells said...

he's coming to speak at our student leadership conference in july...its gonna rock out kids...cant wait