Friday, January 25, 2008

ONCE, The Frames, The Swell Season



Great night. Lyndsey and I just watched a great movie called "Once." It's halfway a musical, with some great original music... set in Ireland, and two musicians meet and make beautiful music together... the lead guy is Irishman Glen Hansard (lead singer of The Frames) and the gal is Czech Marketa Irglova. Great movie, up for a couple Oscar nom's, only drawback is a lot of language that is inappropriate for the kiddos.

This also opened the door to me for the band The Frames... why didn't anyone tell me about these guys! Awesome! If I formed a band and wrote music, this is what it would sound like.

The duo from the movie also does a side project called The Swell Season... sounds a bit more mellow, I am a fan as well...

Be sure to check out these pieces of work... you're in for a treat.

No comments: