Wednesday, November 21, 2007

hair saloon



Men of the world, unite! I got my hair cut at Hair Saloon for Men today, and I must say I was satisfied. I got a card for a free haircut in the mail... so I used it... then I felt bad about getting a free haircut so I offered to tip her with my debit card, but she refused. Anyway, this is the ultimate experience for a haircut (I bet it's actually #2 to SportClips, which we don't have, so I've never been... I hear they give you a shoulder massage to top it off).

I walked in, and immediately was able to do two things which I love: watch SportsCenter and read the sports page of the Post. If you have a buddy, there are a couple tables with built in checker-boards. There's also a friggin' putting green. Then they take you back to your own booth-no stylists chatting it up with each other about the latest gossip-just a quiet, relaxing haircut. No walking to the sink for a rinse; they just spin the chair around and boom, you're there. Then they give you a hot towel and mint to complete the experience. When I left, they gave me a "passport" for a free scalp massage next time. Needless to say I will be heading back.

I know this was all an unabashed attempt to make me a regular customer, and frankly it worked.

1 comment:

booney12 said...

This place sounds awesome.