Sunday, September 30, 2007

remedy



David Crowder Band released their newest album Tuesday, "Remedy". I've been waiting for this for months! Ted Nugent makes an appearance.... unbelievable. Anyway, this album is great... it's a little different than what I expected, but it's refreshing.

Their last album, "A Collision", was just masterful. It was huge, epic, full of mystery and tragedy. How else could they follow that up but with something even huger. They did exactly the opposite. This album is short, simple and full of songs that the church can use; uncomplicated, yet intricate at the same time.

"A Collision" was sort of a release of grief for them, with the death of their pastor occurring in the process. "Remedy" seems to be a sort of healing, or reconciliation... good stuff.

1 comment:

booney12 said...

Nugent?? I may have to listen to that. Michelle and I saw them at Cornerstone a couple of summers ago. It was a really good show. I think that may've been the first time I had heard them.