Saturday, September 15, 2007

An Objective Look at Abortion

I used to associate myself with one and only one political party. Whatever this party did, I was behind. Then I realized that, while I don't condemn anyone who is of that party or on that side of the political spectrum, I simply wasn't making objective decisions. I have since made a conscious effort to not vote or take sides on issues because of any one party says, but to hear what everyone has to say and look at the evidence they use to back it up. I feel like much more of an authentic citizen.

Anyway, abortion is always a hot topic. I used to be adamant about what I believed about abortion. But then, as I described above, I decided not to make a moral decision about something that's not just black & white... it's a messy situation. How can we say if it's "right" or "wrong" and that's the end of it? I don't think we can... but we can have conversation.

I recently found an interesting addtion to the conversation. While flipping through a magazine, I read a Q&A with the founder of an organization called Abort73. It is an organization that is against abortion, except there's a twist: they don't have any drastic religious or political agendas behind it (though they are ultimately a religious organization, as you will see in the end). They have spent much time studying this phenomenon and researching and talking to medical professionals and obtaining data and evidence... it's a very objective look at abortion.

I went to the website and was floored. They seem to have done their homework. I didn't even get throught a fraction of the presentation because I got nauseous during the 2nd video... it really made me sick. One of their goals is to inform us of what actually physically takes place during an abortion. You will have to see for yourself. Just know it gets a little graphic.

I am a firm believer that we should all research "hot topics" like these on our own and make objective decisions on what is true/right/etc, and I encourage everyone to do so. So listen to this organization's contribution to the conversation; they've spent a lot of time and energy on it, and they seem to have done it with only one agenda: what's best for the human race.

www.abort73.com

No comments: