Friday, April 24, 2009

success

how should we define success? our society seems to define success as being famous or making a lot of money.

it's obvious that success is a relative term. success for one person might be meaningless for another.

i define success as this, and i think it could apply to anyone: we will all be on our deathbed someday. maybe sooner, maybe later. i like to imagine myself in that moment, as i reflect back on my life. am i satisfied with the way that i spent my short time here? if the answer is yes, then that is success.

for me, success cannot be truly defined in the moment. the big picture must be examined. i have found that if i think about this as i proceed in life, i am much more likely to live a life that can someday be looked upon as successful.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hopefully you will both have a long time here. But I agree- what matters most is how it all looks in the end. I realize that making an impression on people and keeping up with the Jone's does not make you successful. Popular, maybe.
In the end, family is what matters. And to have people who really, truly love you- and the certainty that you are going to heaven- is what success means to me.
Keep blogging, B! And you, too- L!!