Monday, May 5, 2008

shocking experience



UPDATE, 1:56pm: for the record, my dad has the honor of "best joke": he says i have another thing to put on my music resume; that i've been a conductor.
-----
just want to thank everyone for being there for me this weekend... i took quite a jolt at church. i went to the ER for an ekg, and everything looks good (not that there was any real concern, just wanted to get checked out)... the nurse was a guitar player, and as he was printing out an ekg report, he acted like he was reading, "it says you need to sell any guitars to your ER nurse... hmmm...." it was pretty funny. he was fond of one of the guitars i was playing, my friend Carson's '81 Firebird.

Anyway:
1st of all, thanks to Bob & Dan, and everyone else (I don't know who else was up there) who helped tear the evil guitars away from me. i can't thank you enough!

2nd, thanks to those of you checking up on me, making sure i'm good to go. i really appreciate it!

also, thanks to my wonderful wife for taking care of me! (she didn't get to see it happen; she can only hear the stories)

but again, i'm fine, i have some cool looking marks on one hand from where the strings were digging in, but everything's good. one thing that i'm super glad i don't do is wear my wedding ring on Sunday mornings (can't play with it on). i've heard about people having to get their ring cut off because of stuff like that...

as for the picture, i googled "shock", looking for a shock warning label or something, and this was one of the first things that came up... i just thought it was funny.

4 comments:

emily and kyle said...

I'm glad your ok! I would still take the entire week off of school ....you never know what kind of symptoms the students can stir up!!

bh said...

that's a good idea...

Anonymous said...

Brandon - thanks for the update. I'm glad you got checked out. Thinking this was part of Bob's message, we just sat there and watched the action. I'm glad Bob and the other's were so quick.

My son often comments to radio songs "I like Brandon singing better than that guy". I agree! Kim

bh said...

hahaha well thanks!