Thursday, October 11, 2007

song i wrote

I had the day off Monday for Columbus day and this is how I spent part of it... these are the lyrics and I put explanations/additional insight in parenthesis.
_________
Title: "Melody Final"

when my time (of relevance)
runs out
nothing left

windows close
winds that blew
find new breath (someone else to use)

now is fine
doing good
is this so bad?


i have song
they can hear
render must (i must 'play'... in the metaphorical sense... do what i can do, i suppose)

there is time (words from on high from here on out)
realize
you are few (those who want to change the world)

go and sing
of a love
of a life

take my eyes
restore
hope will win

watch for me
i am there
they are there (all people.... created in god's image... see Him in them)
--------------

This song was born out of my realization that I only have so much time in this world to make a difference. My "window" of being culturally relevant and a person of influence is constantly closing. Let's face it, there comes an age where we can't really have an influence on those who are driving our culture, right? I need to do the absolute best I can do while I have this chance. For me, that means using music in some way. It means sharing my philosophies about life and church and God and spreading a message of love and hope. Maybe it means working for the church full time?

2 comments:

Danny Sells said...

i love that i can hear your heart in this song...its a heart that wants most of all to be who god created him to be and who call is now calling him to be...i got your back, brother, wherever and whatever you do with this...you're in my prayers

booney12 said...

That's awesome stuff. I've had thoughts about this type of thing or the window of opportunity to make a difference. I'll be working in the media in some way after college so maybe that'll be how I can make a difference. The lyrics are awesome though.